The Group recognises the importance of developing our next generation of employees. This led to a wide ranging educational policy being developed, which in turn has ensured that individuals are able to reach their full potential, improved the prospects and quality of life for many people, and has benefited the Amur region as a whole.
The Group has a long term programme of investing in various educational projects, which includes:
- Providing financial support, books and equipment for nurseries, primary schools and secondary schools
- Providing financial support to promising high school students who are entering higher education
- Offering internships and work placements to local students
- Providing lecturers for chemistry courses at Blagoveschensk State Pedagogical University and geology courses of Amur State University
- Hosting regular internal technical conferences to exchange experience and share best practice.
Pokrovskiy Mining College
Based near to our Pokrovskiy mine, the Pokrovskiy Mining College offers a range of residential and day college programmes. The Group established the college in 2008 with the aim of providing future employees with bespoke specialised training.
The college aims to offer graduates employment opportunities and as such has regional beneﬁts outside the Group. Since its inception, the college has trained more than 4,100 people and today offers 72 different courses.
Courses in Analytical Chemistry and Geology
In 2007, Petropavlovsk led an initiative to establish a course in analytical chemistry for students studying chemistry in their final year at the university in Blagoveschensk. Specialists from the Group's laboratory complex worked with university professors to develop a course programme that includes theoretical and practical tutorials.
Since 2011, Petropavlovsk has taken an active part in developing educational programmes for the Geology faculty of the Amur State University, giving students an opportunity to practice in Petropavlovsk operations. Upon completion of the course, graduates are given the opportunity of employment within the Group.
The Group is committed to improving and broadening the qualifications, horizons and job progression opportunities of its employees via internal and external training seminars and courses. It is proud to offer employees the opportunity to study for higher education diplomas.